When your Rexroth Indradrive component throws an Error Code E8028, it is an indication that the motor has exceeded its maximum rated current. The output stage of the power section will be locked until the controller output returns to the allowed range of values.
This can be caused by an overload, an electrical short-circuit, or a motor fault. The current loop could be programmed with the wrong parameters, our the parameters could just not match the factory specs or the parameters in the device’s memory.
To troubleshoot this error, the following steps should be taken:
- Check the current loop settings.
- Check the motor’s current rating to ensure it is not exceeding the limit.
- Check the wiring and connections to ensure that they are secure and there are no shorts.
- Check the motor itself for any signs of damage or wear.
- Check the Indradrive’s parameters to ensure they are correct.
You can reset the drive. This can be done by pressing the reset button on the front of the device. However resetting without solving the underlying problem is usually. very temporary fix and can lead to more serious problems.
One or more of your components may need repair, reman, or replacement. We can assist you with this process.
Rexroth repair or reman will bring you a like-new unit with a new warranty. We can save you money in the long run when you short-circuit trial and error by contacting us first. Your savings on downtime — not to mention the extra time involved in trying out unsuccessful solutions first — will usually make us a less expensive option than the “bargain” solutions.