CALL 479-422-0390 for ASSISTANCE
MSK motors, also known as IndraDyn S motors, bundle power and precision in a compact motor design. Rexroth MSK030C-0900-NN-M1-UG1-NNNN motors have a maximum speed of 9,000 rpm, a standstill torque of 0.4 Nm, and a maximum torque of 1.8 Nm. Very few servos can match the quality, reliability, and longevity of Rexroth motors, but even Rexroth servos can fail from time to time.
If your servos stop working, call 479-422-0390 immediately. We can offer troubleshooting support over the phone for simple fixes, arrange an immediate factory repair, or send an emergency replacement unit your way on a chartered flight.
What do the numbers mean?
Rexroth motor type codes aren’t self-explanatory. They are incredibly important, however. If you’re replacing your Rexroth motor, it’s absolutely essential that you replace the motor with an exact match. There are several different flavors of MSK030 motor, and you can’t just swap yours out with one that’s “close enough”.
Here’s a quick run-through of your MSK030C-0900-NN-M1-UG1-NNNN motor type code:
- “MSK” means that your motor is a member of the MSK motor series.
- “030” indicates the motor size.
- “C” tells you the length of the motor. MSK030C-0900 motors have a motor length of 188mm.
- “0900” indicates the motor winding.
- “NN” lets you know that your MSK motor is self-cooling.
- “M1” is the encoder type. This specific motor has an optical encoder, multi-turn absolute Hiperface, with 128 signal periods.
- “U” means the motor has a rotatable plug electrical connection.
- “G” indicates a smooth shaft with a seal ring.
- “1” tells you the brake type. This is a 1Nm electrical release holding brake.
As you can see, the type code contains some pretty important information. It’s critical that you replace your motor with an exact match.
Servicing Rexroth MSK030C-0900-NN-M1-UG1-NNNN motors
Rexroth servo motors are not meant to be serviced in the field. If your MSK motor fails, you need a factory repair. Fortunately, factory repair is a fast and convenient process. All you have to do is call 479-422-0390 and we can arrange a Rexroth factory repair with a 24-hour turnaround.
We also offer replacement Rexroth motors. We have the nation’s largest supply of emergency replacement units for Rexroth motion control systems.