CALL 479-422-0390 for ASSISTANCE
Rexroth motors are burly and well built, which means that they don’t fail very often. The brushless motor design helps reduce physical grinding that causes wear and tear. Every motor — regardless of its design or how well the motor is made — will need service at some point. There’s something you should know if you need to repair or replace your Rexroth MSK040C-0600-NN-M1-UP0-NNNN motor.
Can you swap an MSK040C-0600-NN-M1-UP0-NNNN motor with any MSK motor?
The MSK servo motor series from Rexroth, also known as IndraDyn S, is hallmarked by versatility, power, precision, and reliability. MSK servos pack high torque density into a compact package, which makes them suited for a variety of motion control applications. While these motors are versatile, there is a specific motor type for the job.
There are dozens of different MSK motor types, and it’s essential that you replace your servo with an identical replacement servo. You can’t replace your MSK motor with any MSK motor.
Each Rexroth motor has a nameplate with the servo’s type code. The type code provides important information about the motor. Here’s a look at what the Rexroth MSK040C-0600-NN-M1-UP0-NNNN motor type code means.
- “MSK” means that the motor is a part of the MSK, or IndraDyn S, motor series from Rexroth.
- “040” is the motor size.
- “C” indicates physical motor length. The motors is 185.5 mm long.
- “0600” is the winding designation for the servo motor. This indicates that the motor has a max has a max speed of 7,500 revolutions per minute.
- “NN” means that this motor is self-cooling.
- “M1” indicates the the motor has an optical encoder, multi-turn absolute Hiperface, with 128 signal periods.
- “U” indicates electrical connection; this motor has a plug with 240 degrees of rotation.
- “P” means that the motor shaft has a keyway.
- “0” means that the motor does not have a holding brake.
- “NNNN” simply means standard version.
Call 479-422-0390 for professional Rexroth support.
Generic third party shops may or may not have the part you need, and they may or may not realize this. Replacing your MSK motor with anything other than an identical match puts your system at risk for damage and downtime.
Calling Rexroth specialists eliminates preventable downtime. Trained technicians who specialize in Rexroth systems can ensure that you get the right unit the first time.
An alternative to replacing your servo is a factory repair. Rexroth factory repair restores your unit to like-new condition, and eliminates potential compatibility issues. Call 479-422-0390 and ask about factory repair services with 24-hours turnaround.