Halloween Candy Decision Making

If you haven’t bought the loot to hand out to Trick or Treaters yet, you probably have it on your shopping list for today (or somebody in your household does). What are the factors used to make decisions about this extremely important buying choice?

Research by Field Agent shows that one of the top issues is what we might call prestige. “Being perceived as a good treat-giver” is the exact phrasing. That’s second only to the buyer’s willingness to eat the leftovers.

There are a few other criteria, including affordability and cool packaging. But quality, or at least popularity, continues to be the most important factor in this decision making.

Record breaking year

Americans who plan to participate in Trick or Treat are expecting to spend a startling $3.6 billion for Halloween candy this year. 68% of us are joining in, and a lot of the remaining 32% will also buy some candy. Candy isn’t the biggest expense for this holiday, but it still mounts up.

That covers enough Halloween candy to pass out to neighborhood kids, enough to make sure there are leftovers to eat, and the post-Halloween sales candy buying. Not to mention the candy that gets purchased well ahead of Halloween and inadvertently eaten before the Trick or Treaters arrive.

Brach’s produces 9 billion pieces of candy corn each year in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Skittles, the top Halloween candy, makes 20 billion pieces a year. Jelly Belly pumps out 37 million pounds each year, but not all for Halloween. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups doesn’t have that kind of volume, but they do have a Zero Waste facility.

Are you ready?

By the way, M&Ms uses the same machinery they started with 76 years ago. If you’re continuing to use your valued Rexroth legacy systems, we can help you avoid tricks and enjoy the treats. We offer phone support, field support, and factory repair and reman.

24 Hour Turnaround

Factory Repair services available with 24 hour turnaround.

Call (479) 422-0390 for immediate assistance

Support Request