5 Things Manufacturers Can Be Thankful for 0
Posted on 21, November 2018
in Category Blog
- Automation itself is good news for manufacturers. Gone are the days when you or your team would have to do everything by hand, struggling to get consistent results. With less waste, greater productivity, and safer working conditions, automation deserves a shout out over your turkey dinner.
- U.S. factory production has risen for five months in a row. This is the longest winning streak since 2011.
- Increasing automation is a result of increased sales, according to a recent survey. While some say that they’re hanging back till technological change settles down, most manufacturers see that they can earn more if they can produce more. Large numbers of manufacturers are planning to invest in additional automation.
- According to a new report from Deloitte, U.S. manufacturing will create 4.6 million new jobs in the next decade. A new study shows that 72% of manufacturing tasks require human workers. This is good news compared with previous predictions that U.S. manufacturing would grow but without increasing jobs.
- From the same report, over 2 million of those jobs will be left unfilled. That sounds like bad news, but increasing awareness of the Skills Gap is encouraging U.S. schools, companies, and the government to look for solutions. This might lead to a solution for this problem, which has been creeping up on the industry for years.